1. You do not contaminate. Barcelona’s city, for example, has been warned by the European Commission that exceeds the maximum level of 40 micrograms per square meter of NO2 pollution, which comes mainly from traffic. Check the pollution’s level of your city here and bike to be green!
2. Using a bike can to be far less stressful than sitting in traffic every day. It is also funnier and cheaper! Studies show that bicycle commuters are healthier, more productive, and require less time off at work. This is why most enlightened employers are eager to accommodate commuting cyclists. Healthy workers are better workers — and that’s good for the bottom line. Bikes are smart business.
3. It also can be safe! If one of their disabilities is the danger of traffic, you can always wear a helmet. Or even better… an airbag cycle helmet as mine!
It is from the Swedish brand Hövding is an airbag cycle helmet, providing the best shock absorption. The airbag also protects more of the cyclist´s head compared to traditional helmets. Behind the product lie seven years of development, in partnership with experts on cycling head injuries, airbag technology, mathematics and crash tests. You can buy it in Spain, here!
4. You can do – and carry – lots of things in one day! You can easily carry your lunch, your shopping bags and even stop over to buy bread on your way home. You just need a nice basket – I bought mine on e-Bay, similar here – or a good backpack. I love the ones from Ecoalf, a brand of clothing and accessories made entirely from recycled materials as fishing nets, post consumer plastic bottles, worn-out tires… I bought my boyfriend, who also rides every day around the city, this one! -.
5. Riding a bike is also a great way to get in a daily workout without having to hit the gym everyday. Your bike becomes your gym, and your ass gets fit!
… And 6th reason, and the one I most love, that you can easily be surrounded by nature, can touch a tree while you are waiting on a traffic light or suddenly admire the shrubbery and beautiful plants around you.
I hope I convinced you a little!